Pages

Friday 6 September 2013

Month two - linen circle skirt

 I love circle skirts and most of the tutorials I looked at said they're really quick and easy.

The main tutorial I used was:
 http://apairandasparediy.com/2012/07/diy-circle-skirt.html

It was easy to follow, though it doesn't give much guidance on attaching the invisible zipper or adding a waistband. Also it suggested linen, which I used, and though most tutorials suggest a medium-weight fabric I think something lighter, like a cotton mix, would have been easier for a first-timer like myself.

Most tutorials didn't say how much fabric is needed, I'd say it takes up anywhere from 1-2m. If you only have 1m or want a longer length I'd recommend cutting them out as semi-circles then attaching them. I tried to be all prim and proper and started of with a length of 20in but because the skirt has so much volume it ended up looking a bit costume-like so I ended up with 16in length.  

All in all, it wasn't too complicated, though I don't think it's as easy as the first skirt I made. Also, it's pretty difficult hemming a curved skirt and I ended up with quite a few creases but you can't really notice them, I hope..

No comments:

Post a Comment