Pages

Thursday 24 December 2015

Waver Jacket





This is the Waver Jacket by Papercut Patterns (short version). Most reviews of this pattern recommend it for a first coat to sew, I'd agree as I didn't have any problems sewing this despite never making a coat before. It's also a pretty versatile pattern fabric-wise, I used quite a heavy-weight fabric for the outer shell as well as a thick, fleecey material for the lining and it ended up working quite well. Though I did struggle with the hem, and after re-stitching it like five times I ended up hand stitching it from the outside.

I didn't make any alterations to this pattern except I didn't include buttons (and the waist casing) because I'm lazy and the coat actually suits having none, but I might add some toggles later. Oh, and for the lining I used two separate fabrics for the sleeves and the bodice, as having a thick lining for the sleeves would probably restrict their movement. As the fleece fabric was pretty stretchy (and felt quite malleable after I tea-dyed it) I sewed it onto some lining fabric before making the inner shell, so it wouldn't stretch out.  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment