Pages

Wednesday 16 March 2016

Anima Pants




This was made using the Anima Pants pattern by Papercut Patterns, and these photos may look particularly awkward as I had to get my brother to take them instead of using a self-timer!
Like always, I used the PDF version of the pattern and it didn't take too long to stick together. Though I ended up having to re-print everything because my first attempt turned out way too small. If you're making these trousers with a non-stretch fabric, as I did, you should go at least one size up (I went up 2). The only other changes I made was that instead of using the ankle cuffs I just made the legs a few inches longer and hemmed the edges before zig-zag stitching on elastic. 
The best part of this was the waist band as it used a technique I hadn't seen before, where you sew on the elastic and then roll the fabric over it, instead of making a casing. Also, the faux fly made it a bit different, though I don't really see the appeal in it and the detail got lost in my baggy version anyway. I also omitted the cord from the waist band.
I would recommend this pattern as it's pretty versatile, oh and they also have a shorts version that would be perfect for PJs. I also have the worst luck with making trousers so I'm just happy these came out wearable! 

No comments:

Post a Comment