Pages

Thursday 24 December 2015

Roscoe Dress



This is view B of the Roscoe Dress by True Bias. I have mixed feelings about this dress. I think I cut the wrong size and chose the wrong fabric. It's a pretty billowy dress so next time I'd go for a smaller size, I'd also make the sleeves longer as they're somewhere in between 3/4 length and full length and lastly I'd make the bodice section longer instead of adding the gathered skirt. This may be because of the fabric I used, but I found the skirt bunched unevenly, and even after re-doing it a few times the hem just ended up looking bit messy. 

Overall it's an easy pattern, though the neckline and sleeve cuffs are a bit fiddley. I found the PDF pattern didn't match up very well when I tried to stick it together, so the paper pattern would be a better choice for anyone wanting to buy this. But still, it's a cool pattern and company, and I'd make it again just so I can get right! 

No comments:

Post a Comment