Pages

Saturday 9 January 2016

Refashioned Black Sequinned Top


Before


After




This was my first bit of sewing for 2016, from New Year's day. After trying to clear some old clothes out, I decided for my sewing resolution to remake old clothes instead of just buying more clothes and more fabric (though I'm still going to keep buying fabric of course).

This top was an easy place to start because it had soo much fabric, as the photo shows it was pretty long and baggy- which is one of the reasons I never wore it. I cut off several inches from the bottom of the top and used this to make the sleeves. I then unpicked the side seams and added the sleeves before re-stitching the sides and hemming everything.

I now love this top, it's so much more flattering- yay for remaking! It's like recycling so I'm basically saving the world too...   

No comments:

Post a Comment