Pages

Saturday 23 January 2016

Archer Shirt II




This is my second (blue) archer shirt by grainline studios. I think this was the first pattern I bought, and it was a good choice by my 22-year-old-self (was that a correct use of hyphens?). I'm sure I raved about this pattern enough in my first post, and it's a perfect, classic shirt pattern and the sew-a-long on grainline's blog makes the instructions a lot easier to follow. 

Oh and a head's up to anyone else who's broken there button foot, or doesn't have one on their sewing machine, I figured out a way to get around it using a normal sewing foot! Reduce your stitch size to 0 and choose the zig zag stitch (I used to smallest width on my settings) and simply sew the rectangle where you want you button hole. I chalked out a 'H' shape where my buttons should go- the horizontal bars show me when to stop sewing as it's hard to see this over your sewing foot. I used vertical bar to mark the gap in my button hole. I'd definitely recommend trying out making a button hole a few times on scrap fabric before doing it on your shirt!  



  This is turning out to be a longer post than usual but I have to tell you about this lovely article about sewing confidence. It has this great line about how sewing clothes for yourself is a form of self-love and how to accept the little fault and "quirks" of your home made items.That's all I'm giving away, read it!



No comments:

Post a Comment