Pages

Sunday 15 January 2017

Bralettes made from T-Shirts









These bralettes were made from old t-shirts using Cloth Habit's Watson Bra. I came up with the idea of using old t-shirts after one of my favourites was ruined when a mysterious, large and irremovable stain appeared after staying in a hostel in Thailand (gross). I couldn't bin the white, rainbow-speckled jersey so decided to cut it up and sew it into something else. There's not a lot of options for such a small amount of fabric, and jersey works really well with the Watson Bra pattern. Then, after rummaging through clothes my sister was getting rid off, I found 3 more t-shirts to turn into matching bralette and underwear sets (the last one is yet to be made).
T-shirt underwear sets are economical and green! The only cost was lingerie elastic which are less than a £ per meter (on eBay at least)*, which is pretty good as jersey bralettes in cheap shops like Forever 21 are £10-£15.
So save your money and cut up your old clothes and turn them into new ones! I think this was actually my last year's New Year resolution and I've not really stuck to it, so this year I'm trying again and also trying to buy less or only buying things I really want/need. Good luck to me.

*Actually one bra uses a hook and eye, but these can be substituted by cutting the bra band on the fold, and instead of cutting out the curved inner edge cut a straight line so the bra band is rectangular. Also I omitted bra rings and sliders.

No comments:

Post a Comment