Pages

Monday 2 January 2017

Stowe Bag







This is the Stowe Bag by Grainline Studio and Fringe & Co, made in the small size. I made the larger size as a Christmas present for my sister, and decided to make some changes this time round. I omitted the bias binding and just overlocked the edges in the same colour as the fabric. I think it worked pretty well, and made the whole project a lot easier and smoother (I hate making/ adding bias binding, especially on curved edges). I also changed the pockets to make them simpler, and halved the size of one pocket so I could include one of those elastic pocket thingys for scissors and needle- it's as easy as it looks to sew, just line up the elastic where you want it and sew the ends on, then sew pairs of vertical lines (width approx 5mm). I also added some scrap lace to the front of the bag (if you sew on anything to the outer bag sew these on before you add the pockets!). Most of the bag was made from fabric scraps, including the pockets and elastic, and the main fabric I used was calico bought from the rag market it Birmingham. It was the perfect weight, for my first attempt I used canvas which was too heavy and almost too thick for my machine and therefore very difficult to sew. Hmmm, I think that's all I have to say about this bag. Happy New Year y'all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment